The Universal Data Element Framework (UDEF) course is a 2 day training event which will enable your business and staff to understand and leverage the power of this approach. We are able to provide consulting services around implementing UDEF to your business.
UDEF stands for Universal Data Element Framework
This is an open standard that aims to simplify interoperability between organisations.
UDEF transcends all data standards and helps one generate a controlled vocabulary for all back-office applications across the entire enterprise.
The Universal Data Element Framework (UDEF) is based on the ISO/IEC 11179 Metadata Registry Standard. The data naming approach leverages three key concepts of 11179, specifically Object Class, Property and Data Elements Concept.
UDEF Businesses Benefits
Cost savings to businesses
The more information you have, the harder it is to locate what you need. This drives up software delivery and implementation costs. Categorizing and managing the data is becoming the most time consuming cost element of software development.
Locating the right sources of information in businesses is becoming complex. UDEF is the key to driving global indexing.
Managing information sources can become easier
UDEF allows businesses to index information effectively. Using UDEF cross business interfaces to other enterprises becomes easier. With UDEF businesses can simply categorize and organize data in a standardized and consistent way, this leads to programming cost reduction.
Simple to adopt
Training is needed to allow staff to adopt UDEF. To get the best from UDEF two days training is required.
For a low investment in training a business enterprise can effectively index and catalogue all its information thereby cutting software development time and costs.
What does UDEF training deliver
By attending training, you will know how to:
- Navigate through UDEF taxonomy structures
- Analyze data within existing applications and map the data properly to UDEF
- Derive global indexing keys from UDEF
- Leverage UDEF and online tools to reduce application integration costs
- Map enterprise data to UDEF
- Extend UDEF
- Build a controlled vocabulary based on UDEF
- There are currently no scheduled courses for UDEF at this time please email [email protected] to register your interest.
For clients with larger teams we can arrange private courses to accommodate specific requirements.
This instructor-led course guides the student through all the material necessary to understand UDEF. The instructor assesses each student's understanding of UDEF and their ability to apply UDEF to the case study. Students also participate in group exercises.
During the course the student will cover:
- An Enterprise-wide Controlled Vocabulary - The Missing Component of Enterprise Architecture
- The Open Group Standard for Building an Enterprise-wide Controlled Vocabulary
- Key Principles for Defining Your Enterprise-wide Controlled Vocabulary
- Key Technologies for Implementing the Controlled Vocabulary within Your Enterprise
- Interactive Controlled Vocabulary Development Using Client Data Element concepts