One of Architecting the Enterprise’s primary objectives is the development and promotion of global standards based on best practice. An important part of this, is the drive is to align standards, with the view of collaboration that ensures maximum effectiveness. We have worked alongside the TM Forum to synergise our industry standards for Enterprise Architecture excellence, primarily for the Telecoms industry, however we are aware that the advantages extend much broader to financial services and banking. This collaborative approach enriches the use of frameworks for supporting Enterprise Architecture.
In this context, Architecting the Enterprise has launched a series of courses focused on, but not exclusive to the telecoms industry. These courses take the student through the process of using TOGAF® and Frameworx ® to establish an Enterprise Architecture practice. While the case study and exercises in the course are based on a telecoms scenario, other industry sectors, most notably banking and other financial institutions will benefit from taking these courses.
These benefits include:
- How can I create business services, next generation services and be fit for the future in my industry?
- How does my industry work with other industries?
- The course considers a B2B case study how Telecom companies work together and considers the operational process for the “Customer Journey” value chain from product/ service development, sales, order management, delivery, service management and billing using the TM Forum Framworx Solutions
- The TM Forum Frameworx represents Architectural content and defines business services
- Optimal development of new enterprise architecture by using both frameworks
- Step by step development by the Architecture Development Method (ADM) development process
- Deploying an optimal Architecture Capability to establish and consolidate the architecture function
- Explains how the Frameworx Solutions fits into the Architecture Development of TOGAF in detail and how they should be applied
The courses describe the joint use of TOGAF® and Frameworx and explain how elements from these frameworks enable Enterprise Architects to create value for the organization. This is achieved through harnessing the synergies between TOGAF® 9 and Frameworx to define the Enterprise Architecture practice, and promote business capabilities in an organization.
These courses show how Solutions, Business Process, Application and Information Frameworks as represented in Frameworx are used in the context of TOGAF® and its ADM for the development, deployment and implementation of an Enterprise Architecture.
There are 3 online courses available:
- Enterprise Architecture for Telecoms (Foundation) Online – this is an introduction to EA in the Telecoms industry at foundation level. This course provides an overview of the synergies between TOGAF® 9 and Frameworx, including the TOGAF® ADM, and the Frameworx Solutions, Business Process, Application and Information Frameworks.
- Enterprise Architecture for Telecoms (Practitioner) Online – This course is aimed at the Practitioner and describes the joint use of TOGAF® and Frameworx showing how elements from these frameworks enable Enterprise Architecture to create value for the organization.
- Enterprise Architecture for Telecoms Upgrade Online this course provides a path for those people who have done the introduction course and wish to upgrade to the practitioner course.
Should you wish to speak to Architecting the Enterprise about this product or to find out how this training can be provided through as an instructor led course please call phone: +44 (0) 2081 229 150 or email.
Greg LeRoux, Head of Business Development Online